Иксфайловские ведьмы...

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Иксфайловские ведьмы... » The Truth is here » Gillian&David Reddit AMA

Gillian&David Reddit AMA

Сообщений 31 страница 60 из 98

Hello! What are your top three music albums?

DavidDuchovny
Umm, let's say. The White Album by the Beatles. I like Stevie Wonder's Songs In the Key Of Life. Who's Next by the Who.

Gillian Anderson
I still really like Jeff Buckley's Grace album. Fleetwood Mac's Rumors. I don't know which Radiohead album is my favorite, probably OK Computer.

Дэвид Джиллиан песенки показывает

I just showed Gillian the Bree Sharp music video because she didn't remember it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wijp4-3giNw)

:longtongue:

What episodes of the X-Files should I show my friend to get him into the show?
How was it writing for the show after acting on it for a while?
David, how was it working with David Lynch on Twin Peaks?

DavidDuchovny
You'd have to watch the pilot even though the clothes and hair are so bad.

Gillian Anderson

it's so true, forgive the clothes and the hair.

DavidDuchovny
Or Duane Barry?

Tanya написал(а):

I just showed Gillian the Bree Sharp music video because she didn't remember it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wijp4-3giNw)

Сама скромность ))))

I'm going to jump right in and ask, "What's the latest on XF3?"

DavidDuchovny
I think Chris is working on a script. Chris is shooting a pilot right now, so he might not be working on a script, but he claims to be working on a script, and if he does do that and Fox wants to make it... Gillian will do it, I will do it, so start your writing campaign now. Seriously. We'd all love to do it. The ball is in Fox's hands. And not Fox Mulder, Fox the studio.
We want to see Obama's picture in the office. We gotta hurry. We don't want to leave it off at the X-Bush. Or we'd love Hillary up there. Hillary and Mitch Pileggi as the Attorney General.

What episodes of the X-Files should I show my friend to get him into the show?
How was it writing for the show after acting on it for a while?
David, how was it working with David Lynch on Twin Peaks?

DavidDuchovny

Writing for the show was like having training wheels because we knew the show so well by that point that it was like a great head start in a way. And also Chris was such a fine technician and plot guy that he really taught me, and I can't speak for Gillian, but those were tightly plotted shows, and it's not my nature to tightly plot things, so I learned that from Chris. I would assume that guys like Vince who went on to do great things also learned from Chris. It's his birthday tomorrow, by the way.
I didn't really work with David Lynch, but Twin Peaks was a lot of fun because the character wore pantyhose. The wig was terrible. I looked like Chewbacca. Was Chewbacca a girl?

What were your reactions to Bree Sharps' "David Duchovny" song and how did the filming of the music video come about?

DavidDuchovny
It was all Gillian's idea. I thought it was really funny. A friend of mine, Joe Blake who's a casting director, was doing a faux country doc called "Dill Scallion."
It was early in the faux docs business. He had a lot of country music and he came across this song and sent it to me. And I was like "Wow! I have my own song!" and I would play it in the car because I thought it was a good song, I was pleased, I thought the tune was really good. And then I memorized it because I listened to it a number of times.
And then I got caught singing along to it with the window down in the car. Of course they didn't know the song.
I just sped up.
And then these 2 writer's assistants made the video. It was meant to be a Christmas present to me, a private thing. I guess they must have leaked it? You'd think I'd have leaked it from my previous story, but I don't know how it got out there. I was not aware that that was what they were doing. It was a surprise gift, which was nice.

Are you believers? (In UFOs, aliens, etc)

Gillian Anderson
It wouldn't surprise me. It's just the fact of it. The Universe is bigger than big.

DavidDuchovny
Odds are we are not alone.
There used to be in the Middle Ages, you've heard the phrase "the ship of fools" where they would take crazy people and put them on a boat? So if you were on the high seas, you might run into a ship of fools on the high seas. My theory is, because everybody who gets "abducted" says they are anally probed and their teeth are drilled, that some alien civilization has taken all of their dentists and proctologists and sent their ship into the outer reaches of the Universe and so when they abduct us, that's what they know what to do.
What do you think of my theory?

Have your children watched The X-Files? If yes, what do they think of it?

DavidDuchovny
My son has watched a couple a few years ago, and it scared him. They don't generally like to watch, they're not fans, it's weird for them to watch their parents. He does like to play the X-files Pinball machine.

Gillian Anderson
My daughter asked me if she could borrow some DVDs and I dug them out, and then she asked me which ones she should watch, I think we watched a few of them together a few years ago. It occurred to me that there will be a point when my boys will find out about the show, they are 7 and 5, and it will be so much fun to share it with them.

This is my favorite picture of the two of you. http://i.imgur.com/KokeHux.jpg

DavidDuchovny

That was probably from the second movie!

(for both of you) Of everyone you've worked with, who is most likely an alien/working for a shadow government organization?
[also, I'm a tremendous fan. You two are gorgeous and you're absolutely legendary in X-Files, and still brilliant beyond. Thanks so much for doing this, hugs hugs hugs.]
постоянная ссылка
Gillian Anderson
Brian Thompson.

David, was that real vodka you were drinking with the frozen Orange Juice concentrate?

DavidDuchovny
That was "Syzygy." I doubt it was real vodka. We would drink anything Jono (our best boy) would make, and he would take martini glasses and fill them with water and turn them upside down, so they would freeze solid water in the martini glasses and then he would take a soldering gun and burn a hole in the ice, and then make a martini and pour it into the little hole so you would have a martini through the little circle of ice. We called them "hans brinkers."

Ха, шикарное у него определение Вегетарианцев

David - your references to vegetarian Tofurky eatin' zombies in Hollywood AD and Scully's non-fat Tofutti Rice Dreamsicle in The Unnatural are some of my favorite. Are you vegetarian/vegan?

DavidDuchovny
I've recently become vegetarian again, or that's my intention. I generally eat whatever is put in front of me, so I may eat meat if it's put in front of me, but I will not seek it out, so I would classify myself as a vegetarian.
In the X-files, mostly people got eaten.

Thanks for being the woman who showed me that science wasn't just for boys.
In fact, I think one of the greatest gifts of the X-Files is that the lead male character is irrational and nonsensical. It has been done since, especially in the genre, but it was the first show I saw that challenged those roles.
So, no questions, just plain old thanks from a long time fan and (now) woman of science.
PS: Thanks for having Alvin Law on the show. He's from my hometown and a huge inspiration PPS: Thanks for Califonication, Mr. Duchovny. I love that show.
постоянная ссылка
Gillian Anderson
There's a lot of women who have come to me and told me they have gone into some form of science because of Scully, which I think is really cool. Thank you.

Hi Gillian and David!
Quick and dirty question: who was the guest star on the X-Files who most blew you away with their performance and made you say "wow."?

Gillian Anderson
Brad Dourif as Luther Lee Boggs.

DavidDuchovny
Steve Railsback from Duane Barry.

Ощущение такое, будто Дэвид дорвался и до этого ему слово не давали, может быть после этого он с соц. сетями подружится.

David, did you keep the red speedo from The X-Files ;) #ddd

DavidDuchovny

That was MY red speedo. It's in the Smithsonian. Really.

You guys have way too much money to be up so early on a saturday. favorite scene Davids recollection of Luke Wilsons in Bad Blood was great. His facial expression/reaction to his buck teeth was priceless!

DavidDuchovny
I liked working with Luke! We did a lot of ad libbing in the car scene. His name was Sheriff Hartwell, but when you say it fast, it sounds like Sheriff Fartwell...

My question is: Looking back at the series, are there any adjustments to the characters or the plot that either of you would have liked to change or add?

Gillian Anderson
I wish that the lap dances I used to do as Scully in David's trailer could have been filmed.

DavidDuchovny

Or that David was a better tipper.

One word to describe your 20-year journey together? Lots of love from Italy <3

DavidDuchovny
Amazing.
Wait no, the sign that Prince used to be.

Are you aware of this intersection in the capitol of Canada named after your characters?: here
What does it feel like knowing someone in a high enough position to decide on names for streets was a big enough fan to go with those names?
I mean those poor people now have to explain that, "yes... Mulder and Scully is the intersection I live at." whether they're fans or not.

DavidDuchovny
No! That's the only time Mulder and Scully officially intersected!

Gillian Anderson
No, William...

Holy shit, I don't normally care about AMAs but you two are pretty important in my life. No question but posting in case you need any more validation of how amazing and relevant you are to people. X

Gillian Anderson
Wow, thank you.

Who amongst the both of you, should I have with me to have a better chance of surviving a zombie/alien apocalypse?

Gillian Anderson
David, definitely. No, you would. I just saw World War Z. You'd win, I'd die in a second.

DavidDuchovny
You'd have to take off your heels to run. Can your little legs reach the pedals?

Hello David and Gillian, thank you for doing an AMA!
I think The X-Files is one of the most influental shows ever, and has really paved the way for a lot of great shows after it.
My question is, was there ever a plot line that came out of the writers room that made you stop and say "Seriously?"

DavidDuchovny
Some of the one-offs. Like the killer cats episodes. Todos los Bichos. They were domesticated killer cats.

Gillian Anderson

So there's a scene where Scully is attacked by a killer cat. So they had made up a cat on a stick that had moveable arms and legs, but I'm allergic to cats, so they made it out of rabbit fur instead. The fur kept coming off and sticking to my lipstick, and I was peeing my pants laughing. So we were either cutting because I couldn't keep a straight face, or we had to keep re-applying my lipstick because the fur kept sticking to my face.
DavidDuchovny
It was Kim Meadows, because Kim came up to us, we were being bratty and poor Kim came up to us and he had pages and pages of notes from the writer because there was a scene where the guy comes in and tell us the dog was killed (It was killed by a cat, but we didn't know that yet) and we were supposed to have some kind of emotional reaction to a dog dying that we didn't know. Kim came over and it said something like "The agents should react appropriately to Fluffy's death, Fluffy was a beloved dog" and we had never met fluffy, we hadn't even met the guy who owned Fluffy, and we were supposed to weep.

Okay, time to get serious here. No more fluffy softball questions. Be honest about what I'm about to ask you.
Captain Kirk or Captain Picard?

DavidDuchovny
Gillian says "who's Captain Picard?"
And for David, it's not even a question, because there is no Captain Picard, there is ONLY Captain Kirk.

Hi there. As I live in Vancouver BC, what were your favorite things and your not so favorite things about our city?

DavidDuchovny
Well, Gillian doesn't like the rain. Contrary to popular belief, there is nothing about Vancouver that i don't like. I LOVE Vancouver, I'm not just kissing ass, it's liveable, it's beautiful and they should love me back (finally).

Were you ever creeped out by fans who sexualized your characters in fan fiction?

Gillian Anderson
I've only found out that existed in literally the last year, that I needed to look it up and then someone else said "don't" so I am still in the dark.

DavidDuchovny
I was vaguely aware of it. Nick Lea showed me some. And it was interesting.

Gillian, you voiced a wolf in one of my favorite movies, Princess Mononoke. Can you talk about how that was? I really enjoy Miyazaki films, so just curious.
PS David, I love the way you say "muthafucka" in Californication.

Gillian Anderson
I love Miyazaki films too! The original voice in the original Japanese version of the film was played by a famous Japanese transvestite, so as you can imagine they had a very deep voice. I tried to emulate that voice, miserably. So I always feel like I failed.

DavidDuchovny
Have you ever noticed that our voices were higher in the beginning of the show? As we relaxed, our voices relaxed. Also, I went through puberty.

Ммммммммммм, да, Дэвид, мы знаем

You're even hotter now than when the X Files was on. Is it some secret alien power you've got?

DavidDuchovny

Yes. Gillian is every bit as hot, and hotter. It's somewhat shocking.

Okay, I've asked Benedict Cumberbatch this, but he had already answered someone else who got to the question before me, so here it is.
Are you feeling the love tonight?

DavidDuchovny
Like right now, or later on?

Gillian Anderson
Yes, we are feeling the love.

Что называется понеслось))))))))

If you guys could switch bodies for a week, what would you do?

Gillian Anderson
I would masturbate in a red speedo.

DavidDuchovny
I don't know? I'd put on a nice dress and some tasteful heels and take it from there.

Since vince Gilligan did a lot of writing for x files I'm wondering if you guys have watched breaking bad? if so how did you feel about it?

DavidDuchovny
I didn't watch Breaking Bad, but I will and I want to. LOVE Vince, Love what he did on the X-files.

Gillian Anderson

Sam here, I am looking forward to seeing it. Everybody I know watches it.

Hello, Gillian and David. My question for you is: Do either of you still keep in touch with any of the producer/writers from X-Files - Carter, Spotnitz, Gilligan, Morgan/Wong, et al? Any chance of working with one or more of them outside of an XF project? Sorry, that was TWO questions.

DavidDuchovny
I'm in touch with Chris and Howard Gordon I see occasionally. Maybe Bowman, he calls every now and then, he works on "Castle."

Gillian Anderson
I talk to Kim Manners sometimes in my sleep.

Вы здесь » Иксфайловские ведьмы... » The Truth is here » Gillian&David Reddit AMA